Sorry, no pictures but....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
On the atv today went to the back garden then headed toward the wood pile. Whoops. One deer got up and walked away (yes, walked, not run) but then suddenly I looked between some of the wood piles from last year there was another doe but this little lady was cleaning a newly born fawn! Naturally, I simply left the area. Wife and I also saw another new born yesterday afternoon. Amazing just how small they are.

On the atv today went to the back garden then headed toward the wood pile. Whoops. One deer got up and walked away (yes, walked, not run) but then suddenly I looked between some of the wood piles from last year there was another doe but this little lady was cleaning a newly born fawn! Naturally, I simply left the area. Wife and I also saw another new born yesterday afternoon. Amazing just how small they are.

And how still they stay.

Yep, they're pop out all over.

Checked the garden both yesterday and today and no fresh deer tracks. That is good. Now maybe the peas will grow a bit more. We have a 5' fence and most of the t-posts are higher than the fence. That is, high enough so that we put string above the fence. Then we tied empty plastic bags (grocery type) on each post. It worked last year and seems to be working again this year.

If the garden was smaller we could get by with only a 4' high fence as we have done that in the past but for the size of the garden there, the 5' won't stop them. The garden is about 90' x 70' or thereabouts.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.