SOTWE ... What / Who Is Your One Regret?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
In song format, please. A little story works, too ;)

I couldn't find a song about not buying Apple stock in 1980. :confused:

Reactions: Beer Belly
Sorry BB *hugs*

:p

Not for the past but for the future. Someday there will be that someone. :cool:

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
In 1968 I couldn't get my mom or my grandma to lend me the money to buy that 1956 T-Bird for $2500.00. :(

Reactions: Mrs. Krabappel
I couldn't find a song about not buying Apple stock in 1980. :confused:
I sold it at $22 in 2000 anticipating the dot com bust, but never bought back in. :(

I sold it at $22 in 2000 anticipating the dot com bust, but never bought back in.

I bought PSINET stock in 1996 and sold it weeks before the crash in 1999. When the CFO told me at the annual meeting that they didn't have to make a profit, they were an Internet company. Then I brokered a significant chunk of their carrier class telco assets out of the bankruptcy auctions. Made retirement at 58 and wasting a chitload of time on h.c. possible.

I am probably one of very few people that thought the dot com crash was a good thing. Kept the Exxon stock. I have always said that nobody has ever gone to war over things with chips in them.

Yet. But I think cyberwars could be common in the future.

I have lots of questions about paths not taken. Probably the one that haunts me the most is a spontaneous comraderie I felt with an aging winemaker in Provence. He was clearly looking for a mature student to teach and I was so close to saying yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.