Speeco 22 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbokie5

Jan 24, 2009
North America
I've split everything I had accumulated, which was quite a pile.

I have nothing but praise for my $1200 Cdn Speeco.

It performed admirably and got excellent 'mileage' from the gas.

It's a 6.5 hp B & S engine.

0 complaints.

High value for the money.

Now, I have to get out and finish in the lot I have access to, which is right behind the house.

I do believe, that once I'm finished, the wood I will get, will need very little augmentation, coupled with the new insert I'm getting, to carry me easily through next winter.

I've had mine over 3 years and only a filter change. Make sure you change out the filter...no telling what was in the tank the first time you fill it. I run synthetic in mine as well, starts in winter easily....

How often should it be changed?

Relic, I believe it is 50 hours.

That splitter should last for many years. We've had our somewhere around 20 years and zero problems. That splitter used to be the 20 ton which is what we have. It also used a 5 hp rather than the 6.5

That's exactly the same type of review and recommendations I heard from every person I talked to about it.

TSC claimed it was the only one they would use for store shows and demos because they have never had one single problem in all these years.

It's good to know I picked so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.