Speed co 401628

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

illenema

Apr 22, 2015
Las vegas nv
hello, My 4 ton splitter cold not do anything on some rounds i had here.
I rented a MTA 401628 from home depot. 28 ton, love it love it. nobody really rents it and its almost new they offered it to me for sale 1100.. looks like amazon has them for around 2100 new good machine? spelling corrected

Last edited:
Seems like a pretty good deal to me if it's in great shape. Maybe it tows better than the usual splitter too. I'd say to look for hydraulic fluid leaks on the storage reservoir.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me if it's in great shape. Maybe it tows better than the usual splitter too. I'd say to look for hydraulic fluid leaks on the storage reservoir.

No leaks, runs perfect. looks like new. I like it. Had some fully dried nasty stuff couldn't do anything with, this thing made a easy go of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.