Split a little wood today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chas0218

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2015
Beaver Dams New York
My father and i managed to split and stack 3 cords of wood in 7 hours. Didn't break any records but enjoyed a little father son time. All red maple and ash i have about 3 More cord to do to start getting ahead to next years supply. I'll be burning this wood in 6 months hopefully longer.
95e8ea1b749cab9564d0bfc96fbb8ea8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice looking land you have there. Is that wood a little far from the house?

Nice looking land you have there. Is that wood a little far from the house?
Thanks, Yeah its out behind the house a few hundred yards. My plan is to stack and split it all at my parents then when needed grab a cord at a time and bring it to my house for burning. I live about 40 miles away with next to no flat land so this is my next best bet. Not to mention i can keep the mess from splitting at the wood lot.

This was all dead standing and dead blow downs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk