Split up some red oak today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbarf48

Minister of Fire
Dec 21, 2012
Stone Mountain GA
Ive finally finished up getting a big red oak scrounge home. Started splitting it up this afternoon to finish filling up my last rack after my pin oak scrounge:cool: These big oak rounds made lots of nice square splits

Heres the filled rack, you can see the line where the red meets the pin
IMG_6953.jpg

Also got all my cottonwood stacked up from the same scrounge as the red oak. I split a piece to see how it split, as Id heard differing accounts of its splitting difficulty. It was a BREEZE to split just like the red oak. Red oak is definitely my favorite wood to split:)
IMG_8884.jpg IMG_9649.jpg

Red oak rules, nice pics....

love love LOVE that oak! While white oak is my favorite, I won't get too picky. I'll take any of it, any time it's available!!

Status
Not open for further replies.