Small Red Oak Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bipsic

Nov 16, 2021
Silver Spring
Found a listing on craigslist, no pics or anything. It was about 25 minute drive away, so I decided to go for it. I am glad I did,
Guy was super nice, told me to bring a chainsaw, even offered me bar oil when I was there.
Original tree was about 36" diameter, I opted for mostly limb wood, ranging from 5" to 10"
Bark was starting to fall off, but when I split it I see why folks say oak takes 2-3 years to season.
Took a couple of shots, nothing too spectacular, but on a small scale, filled up my suburban SUV.
sawbuck.jpg

stackfirewood.jpg

firewoodoakinbuick.jpg

Found a listing on craigslist, no pics or anything. It was about 25 minute drive away, so I decided to go for it. I am glad I did,
Guy was super nice, told me to bring a chainsaw, even offered me bar oil when I was there.
Original tree was about 36" diameter, I opted for mostly limb wood, ranging from 5" to 10"
Bark was starting to fall off, but when I split it I see why folks say oak takes 2-3 years to season.
Took a couple of shots, nothing too spectacular, but on a small scale, filled up my suburban SUV.
View attachment 309512

View attachment 309513

View attachment 309511
Nice grab, it all adds up. 👍

Reactions: PA. Woodsman
A dry Oak split is hefty, but when you pick up a wet one, you sure know it. 😮

Reactions: thewoodlands