Splits too long

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I ran into this issue when I quit using my boiler...I had approx. 8 cord to whittle down for the Princess..a daunting task that I was not looking forwards to! My search for a answer lead me here...somewhere here I saw a design close to what I have now...with the exception of the eye bolts I added for a ratchet strap..it works very well...i had intended upon using my 039 with 20 in. bar but it was not long enough so my neighbors got to hear me light up the 660 with the dual port exhaust...lol

ULJRZ58l.jpg

If you decide to use chainsaw to cut to proper lengths, be sure to wear chaps. The saw can really bounce of those individual splits.