SPLITTER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones

Feb 16, 2007
Tennessee
Lost a big tree yesterday due to high winds. Will put my new home made splitter to the test.

Wow, very nice. Is that an electric motor on there? I think that is the first homemade splitter I have seen with an electric motor. Mind if I ask how much it cost you to make? The parts all look new and I know they can get expensive. I wanted to split some wood the other day but it was raining too hard. Would have been nice to pull yours into my garage.

That is a nice looking setup.

*waiting for the guy from Finland to show up and talk about his ax.*

Matt

Except for the color I did a double take it looks exactly like my electric splitter

Thanks for the rave response. Yes it's an electric motor. All parts are new ( most from Ebay over a period of several months).
Total cost was $550 plus hydraulic fluid which I have to change when it gets warmer, ( I used ISO 68 and it's just tooooo thick).

The old pine tree is history. Cut split and stacked. The electric splitter is a pain, no downtime to refuel.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 998
Pump - haldex 1002408 11gpm
Cyl - Prince A300160ABAAA03B 3" Bore, 16" stroke ( could not get a 4" bore on Ebay) I will change this in the future to a 4" and 16" - 18" stroke.
Valve - Prince
Motor - 1 1/2hp, 2hp peak (compressor rated)

Mo Heat said:
I can't quite make out the satellite dish... :cheese:

Satellite dish is coming. I have to take it apart first. ;-)

Attachments

• satellite.jpg
    satellite.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 853
Status
Not open for further replies.