Splitting Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Idk, I think its a pretty simple solution if you're habitually low on something simple like Vitamin D. A bottle of vitamin D capsules costs less than one serving of salmon lol. I love salmon, cod, and sword. I'll pass on the liver and tuna tho unless it's sushi!

Getting enough vitamin d through sunlight exposure is almost impossible above the 45th parallel. I just learned that this year.

I am in N. Carolina so we get plenty of sunshine. Exposure of the skin to sunlight is the best way to get Vitamin D. I own 48 acres, heavily wooded and the nearest house is 3/4 mile away, and no house can be seen from my house. Every day I put a chair out in the driveway and sit there for 15 minutes soaking up the sunshine

I am in N. Carolina so we get plenty of sunshine. Exposure of the skin to sunlight is the best way to get Vitamin D. I own 48 acres, heavily wooded and the nearest house is 3/4 mile away, and no house can be seen from my house. Every day I put a chair out in the driveway and sit there for 15 minutes soaking up the sunshine
Remind me to call ahead before i visit Simonkenton.

It is not a pretty sight. But, this is a picture of me from twenty years ago, before the accident.

robert-redford.jpg

i'm a light skinned italian and i burn easy i get burn on top of burn. never get bronze. but a few years ago i had a basel cell removed from my nose. my vitamin D level was in the basement. i had to take 50000 units every other day for a month and a half. and keeps getting spots on my scalp that have to be burned off. now they tell me to stay out of the sun