Splitting in Feb......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
IMG_2448.jpg
IMG_2446.jpg
IMG_2442.jpg
In shorts and t-shirts and a balmy 63 degrees! I had approx. a cord and a half of W
IMG_2444.jpg
hite Oak rounds that needed split so we got after it and took advantage of this insane weather!

Very nice! This weather is nuts, the other day it was 60 degrees and the next morning we had 6.5 inches of snow, just all over the place.....we've abused Mother Nature for too long and now she is hitting back....

Very nice! This weather is nuts, the other day it was 60 degrees and the next morning we had 6.5 inches of snow, just all over the place.....we've abused Mother Nature for too long and now she is hitting back....
It makes me wonder whats in store for all of our futures...

Reactions: bholler
nice. I split about a cord over the weekend. it was 73º. I also took advantage of the neighbors wanting to have an afternoon fire and sat around getting rid of a few of the brush piles :)

Where's yer snow??

Seems like winter is just getting going here. Got 6" Thursday night, in the middle of a 12-24" blizzard right now, calling for another 4-6" for this coming Thursday.

Aaarggh...

Reactions: TheBigIron
White Oak rounds that needed split so we got after it and took advantage of this insane weather!
Man, those tables look handy....better than the two 5-gal. buckets I stack up for a table. :rolleyes: White Oak is about the best in my book, but it takes forever to split it because I keep stopping to sniff it! ;lol
Where's yer snow??
It think we got a half inch, a couple of different times, that's about it. Mid-60s for the foreseeable future. Stove might be out for a week or more...unheard-of for Feb. :confused:

"Where's yer snow??" We have been fortunate this year! I have got a lot of CSS done for sure!
"Man, those tables look handy" Woody those grates at the end of the splitter are wonderful if you have 4 people running the splitter...the other table is actually a log lift and when we are running smaller stuff we use it as a staging table and pile it full..it takes 1 guy splitting and 1 guy loading and 2 to keep the split stuff cleared off before it it hits the ground...I want a wood conveyor bad...lol With all of the wood on hand we can knock out 1-2 cord a hour depending upon the size of the rounds...it will produce.

Reactions: Woody Stover