Splitting weekend 2009

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timfromohio

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 20, 2007
Once a year and buddy and I rent a splitter and go to town - that was this past weekend. Plus, we had a big storm come through last Thursday - I had two trees down and there was a big maple down at the end of our block. I took a break from splitting Sunday to go over and cut it up and haul it home. Wood is good ....

Attachments

• Picture1 resized.jpg
    Picture1 resized.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 563
Another view - the pics just don't it justice:

Attachments

• Picture3 resized.jpg
    Picture3 resized.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 467
Nice work Tim...I trust you started after the heat/humidity passed?

Nice pile of wood - can't wait that nice weather is supposed to start here in SENY today - looking to split some wood too.

f3cbboy said:
can't wait that nice weather is supposed to start here in SENY today

Came through here last night...feeling almost fall like now.

Yes, starting to feel that way in NEOhio. Fall is the best season - nice weather, beautiful foliage, festivals, Fall beer selections ... what is there not to like!

timfromohio said:
Yes, starting to feel that way in NEOhio. Fall is the best season - nice weather, beautiful foliage, festivals, Fall beer selections ... what is there not to like!

Agreed . . . warm days, cool nights . . . apples are in season . . . snow is right around the corner.

Good job Tim. I know what you mean by the pictures not doing justice to the size of the wood pile. They never do.

The weekend was good for splitting wood if you have to do it in the summer. Here, we did not get to 70 all weekend and cloudy too. Really did remind one of fall. I did cut up a couple of pines we knocked down because they were dead. Here will make some groan. I'm giving all of the wood away from those 3 trees! lol.

You gave away the wood ... well, that must mean you are stocked up and set for winter which is a good thing. Plus, you probably made somebody elses day which is nice.

timfromohio said:
You gave away the wood ... well, that must mean you are stocked up and set for winter which is a good thing. Plus, you probably made somebody elses day which is nice.

BS has many years of wood stacked up. I think he has 30+ cords sitting!

Ats' a nice pile a wood!

I wish we had some of that "fall like" weather come through here. Today wasnt all that bad but still humid. Been tryin to split an hr or two a day the past few weeks. Or until im soppin wet from sweatin haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.