St. Croix Ashby-P Insert & Braeburn Thermostat operation and setup.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2014
Slate West Virginia
Braeburn Thermostat operation and setup.

I have a St. Croix Ashby-P Insert. The thermostat is hardwired. It is level and I can’t seem to get a temperature setting that I am looking for. It seems that the low temp setting of 70* to call for heat doesn’t want to come on. When it does come on, it will continue to run the stove for a +5* temperature rise. If it comes on at 70* the call for heat will shut off at 75* is this normal? I have included two photos, one of the face plate and the other showing the inside.

With the faceplate off, there is a longer cycle duration setting. What does this do? I can’t seem to move it in any direction. If this can be moved, Will this lower the duration run time and drop the temperature rise before ending the call for heat?

The stove manual states 5VDC for the thermostat, can a standard digital thermostat be used for a more accuracy setting?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
IMG_4969 Braeburn thermostat.JPG IMG_4968 Braeburn thermostat.JPG

This is a mechanical thermostat so leveling doesn't really affect the temperature.
The pointer determines the length of time per cycle.
Slide the Silver Pointer to where it is marked .2 on the dial and it will shut the stove off sooner.
Sometimes they slide sort of hard , I grip the round wheel with 2 fingers and use a small screwdriver to push the pointer sideways, If you look closely you will see that the end of the pointer sticks out past the round wheel far enough so you can put something against it and move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.