St croix prescott - combust and room fan high speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gjd100

Feb 20, 2012
northern ct
Hi all . I have a 5 year old prescott. I usually clean the stove every 2 weeks or so (the daily/periodic maintenance in the manual) as well as a thorough yearly cleaning (combustion motor cleaning/ room fan cleaning etc) - done meticulously by me

NOt all the time,but when re-starting the stove from a cold start (it seems to happen if the stove is off for many hours . I.e. we go away for the night), that when starting up, the combustion and room fan do not go into the 30 second high speed mode (to ensure the vacuum switch locks in - according to the manual). There ae no diagnostic lights flashing. The combustion fan runs in the number 1 setting, pellets feed into the hopper, and the stove-lights. Sometimes the 30 second high speed mode happens fine. Note. In all cases (even if the high speed mode fails)' the stove lights and runs fine. Other than the intermittent high speed combustion/room fan failure' stove runs perfect............any ideas....Thanks all.....GJD

First off I would suggest checking all of the wiring connections between your fans and the board. You may simply have a loose connection or a loose wire within one of the connections. Eliminate all of the simple stuff first, then if that does not work, one of the folks on here may be able to help you out.

Agreed on checking the connections. Pay particular attention to the connections on the proof-of-fire snap switch. The slide-on connectors may not be gripping well; or even a slight oxidation of the terminals needs to be cleaned off.

You are correct, the fans run to check for vacuum on startup.

And, welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.