Stacking with no end posts aka= show me your stack!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I added to my initial 1/2 cord stack. I'm shooting for being able to burn this water oak in 11/12 thus the wide spacing (and also to be able to get my lawn mower between the stacks). The shadows cast on the side of the stacks were at 4pm this after noon (Feb 20th) so the stacks should be getting plenty of sunshine on the end grain along with good ventilation. Early autumn / late summer I may cover the tops with some old sheets of tin.

The stacks are 12' long x 4' tall (except for the far right one that is 4'+). The wood is mostly 16" and medium to small size...think I'll make it for 11/12?

Ed

FW-_20110220_8423Medium.jpg

i use 4"x4" square tubing and pressure treated wood. 1" cement pavers and rubber kick panels.

Attachments

• drying rack's 001 Large Web view.jpg
    drying rack's 001 Large Web view.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 205
  • drying rack's 002 Large Web view.jpg
    drying rack's 002 Large Web view.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 213
  • drying rack's 003 Large Web view.jpg
    drying rack's 003 Large Web view.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 212
fyrwoodguy said:
i use 4"x4" square tubing and pressure treated wood. 1" cement pavers and rubber kick panels.

Another good idea & easy to make your own.
New & Good ideas on this site all the time :)

Good one Fyrwood :)

Status
Not open for further replies.