Stainless steel chimney crown cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You can do that. For some class a pipe you can buy (roof support brackets) they are basically L shaped brackets, in this case theres a collar that attatches to the pipe and the L brackets mount to the collar and the roof or whatevers supporting the load of the pipe in your case angle iron/masonry/backer board/whatever u end up using. If you can use this type of support it would be easy to support the pipe first then put the chase cap on. Like ive said theres more than one way to accomplish this so if you have a sound plan go with that.

Thanks Blazingembers

I have a single wall rigid liner that currently pops out of a very uneven masonry crown from a 13"x13" clay liner. I was planning on cutting the clay liner flush with the crown since Rockford said that would make for a simpler setup and better water seal rather than getting the chase cover made to fit over the clay liner.

I'll try to get some pictures later this week. We have bad T-storms right now!

I learned by reading/watching Utubes and by making mistakes.
My work did not come out perfect but an experienced Chimney builder said my finished job looked fine. It was a super fun project.

I'm thrilled with the stainless crown cover - it was so much better than the alternative rework.

I took Bholler advice and got a diamond wheel for my angle grinder which helped alot.