Started burning - basement woodbox filled up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Getting below freezing at night with frost. May get to 50 daytime if the clouds move out.
Wife said it was time. T-Stat on the furnace at 66 so she's ready for the wood stove & 72-74° inside temps.
Loaded up 2 trailer loads, opened wood door & loaded the wood box with spruce & some birch & miss-fit pieces.
House was 72 this AM, Wife happy so, so am I.
Burning 1/2 loads on low working for now.

Attachments

• 100_6703.jpg
    100_6703.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_6704.jpg
    100_6704.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_6705.jpg
    100_6705.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 212
How many cords a year do you go through?

1 face cord, he has a BLAZE KING

kingquad said:
1 face cord, he has a BLAZE KING

I refuse to acknowledge the measurement of face cords. It's worse than the metric system! %-P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCpR_DlIr80&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s[/youtube]

I don't know about face cords , Around 700 cubic feet last season. 1st full season of burning with the new stove. (an Alaskan cord is 128 cubic feet stacked)
splits are 17".

Old stove was 9 - 10 cords but have learned allot on this site about seasoned wood efficiency.
Sooooo much difference in the way it burns between dry wood & what I thought was dry wood.
Better, drier wood now, but still quit a savings in $$ & work, I'm liking the catalytic more & more.
Neighbor asked when I start using the wood stove?, I told him I was burning now. No visible signs out the stack.

bogydave said:
I don't know about face cords , Around 700 cubic feet last season. 1st full season of burning with the new stove. (an Alaskan cord is 128 cubic feet stacked)
splits are 17".

Old stove was 9 - 10 cords but have learned allot on this site about seasoned wood efficiency.
Sooooo much difference in the way it burns between dry wood & what I thought was dry wood.
Better, drier wood now, but still quit a savings in $$ & work, I'm liking the catalytic more & more.
Neighbor asked when I start using the wood stove?, I told him I was burning now. No visible signs out the stack.

Just under 6 cords with a really long burn season? That's pretty good.

That is pretty impressive.

You have a nice looking shed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.