Steel/ Cast Iron Hybrid stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly

Aug 22, 2009
Virginia - North Carolina
I like the idea, but are you getting the best or worst of both worlds? Does anyone beside Napolean and Pacific Energy build them?

I asked a similar question a few weeks back . . . the general consensus from folks with these hybrids is that they actually do work pretty well . . . why there aren't more of them . . . your guess is as good as mine.

From my own experience, I didn't see enough of a difference with hybrids that would sway me one way or another as a consumer. I do see some difference between steel and all cast iron, and I see a big difference with soapstone stoves. I can say I see no negatives at all with a hybrid.

firefighterjake said:
I asked a similar question a few weeks back . . . the general consensus from folks with these hybrids is that they actually do work pretty well . . . why there aren't more of them . . . your guess is as good as mine.

do you have a link or thread title?

Status
Not open for further replies.