Steel frame for baffle is bent on new Manchester

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rpwalton

Dec 15, 2022
Southern Missouri
So I ended up buying a new Manchester, just uncrated it today, inspected it and noticed the right side of the steel frame for the baffle is bent down a little bit.
Will this be a problem or no?
2 pics show the bent piece on right
1 pic shows the left side not bent

20230219_180755.jpg 20230219_180747.jpg 20230219_180742.jpg

That looks like post assembly touchup. Normally the door is painted well in advance of the glass being put in.
Nor sure about the baffle divider, but it looks like the upper right side of the divider is not overlapping the baffle top behind it. Can it be pushed up in place while pushing the front baffle backward so that it catches?
Here is what it looks like, part 102

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 8.22.11 PM.png

Reactions: rpwalton
It's mis-installed from the factory with the top lip under the baffle frame instead of over the frame, which explains why I could not push it up. Waiting for my Hearthstone dealer to get an answer on this issue from Hearthstone.