Stihl ms241 chain size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlightning

Burning Hunk
Feb 28, 2011
Southeast PA
Can a ms241 take a 3/8 picco chain? I am already set up w/ extra chains and bars from my ms180 and was hoping to stay w/ 3/8 picco. Also is there such a thing as a chisel chain for the 3/8 p?

Yes, it can, and yes, there is. You'll have to make sure it has a 3/8 Picco drive sprocket. I'm pretty sure the 241 uses a 3005 bar mount, i.e. it takes the same bars as your MS180. Stihl makes two 3/8 Picco chisel chains that I know of -- 63PS and 63PS3, the latter being the low-kickback version, which is easier to find.

Yes, it can, and yes, there is. You'll have to make sure it has a 3/8 Picco drive sprocket. I'm pretty sure the 241 uses a 3005 bar mount, i.e. it takes the same bars as your MS180. Stihl makes two 3/8 Picco chisel chains that I know of -- 63PS and 63PS3, the latter being the low-kickback version, which is easier to find.

Thanks!!

Reactions: Jon1270
You can pick up the 63PS at Baileys, I picked that up and also the Woodland Pro 30LP and Oregon 90VXL, both are Semi-Chisel non low-kickback. Haven't run anything but the 30LP, 5 tanks of fuel later, still haven't had to sharpen it. Amazing the difference in cutting going from a low kickback to a non low kickback even running a semi-chisel.

Status
Not open for further replies.