Stock Stihl rs full comp vs Woodland pro 361 vs 361

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
modd. woodland pro vs stihl brand new rs full comp. chain whos going to win?

smokinjay said:
modd. woodland pro vs stihl brand new rs full comp. chain whos going to win?

Edit: post removed because Jags is multitasking and didn't register the post before responding.

Jags said:
Now that the post has registered--- what flavor are you pounding on??

got a race coming up on the 24th with mmaul (Aaron)we both have stock 361 20in. bar he is running a brand new stihl rs chain and I will be running a 2 year old woodlawn pro sharpen by me! we will be running on a saw buck and tuilp 6x6 video camera ready and stop watch!
We both have vacation time that week so what are we doing RACING! Should make for a fun day. (also we will be droping a few tree's as well)

Looking forward to it.

smokinjay said:
Jags said:

got a race coming up on the 24th with mmaul (Aaron)we both have stock 361 20in. bar he is running a brand new stihl rs chain and I will be running a 2 year old woodlawn pro sharpen by me! we will be running on a saw buck and tuilp 6x6 video camera ready and stop watch!
We both have vacation time that week so what are we doing RACING! Should make for a fun day. (also we will be droping a few tree's as well)

What are the respective hours on each saw??

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

mine has maybe 10 tanks of fuel

smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

And the other saw??

Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:
smokinjay said:
Jags said:

And the other saw??

aarons was bought this spring it got to be in the 20-30 tank range

Jags said:
Stihl RS - IS THE WINNER!!!

Thats my guess anyhow. %-P

Puts me as the under DOG! (lets see if my sharpening skills can overcome the better chain)

I dont remember tanks fulls but on the third gallon of gas.

MMaul said:
I dont remember tanks fulls but on the third gallon of gas.

thats how I used to do it but 2 saws and the 460 getting the lions share its hard to do it like that for me!
I cut the chain last night rakers are perfect put about hour on it should be a good match up. Its a full chiesl round ground with the cyclone wheel and hand filed the rakers with a brand new stihl flat file.

I havent even taken the chain out of the box yet. Nice and sharp.

MMaul said:
I havent even taken the chain out of the box yet. Nice and sharp.

lol

It's not the car, it's the driver...

Winner gets bragging rights.

karri0n said:
It's not the car, it's the driver...

Winner gets bragging rights.

yep your right there and a video to prove it!

Cant wait.

MMaul said:
Cant wait.

dont forget to wash them chaps before wearing

Picking them up tomorrow.

There's only one color Stihl orange.

I know that but I only like the Stihl orange. Alright maybe the camo, if they have them.

MMaul said:
I know that but I only like the Stihl orange. Alright maybe the camo, if they have them.
the black ones would be nice in the winter but I bet it wouldbe a hi price to pay in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.