Stoll Heat Champion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMA1908

Hearth Supporter
Nov 10, 2007
western PA
Does anyone out there have a Stoll Heat Champion fireplace heat exchanger? Does it produce any heat? I know it would not be as efficient as a insert. I have a metal heatform fireplace which is in good condition. I do not want to cut out the damper to run a reline for a insert because is would make the fireplace useless if I moved for the next homeowner. (I would want to take the insert with me) If anyone has one of these let me know if you like it

I live 15 miles from their factory in Abbeville, SC. I have been to their showroom and they have a heat champion burning in there. It seems to put out a pretty good amount of heat. Nothing like a wood stove, but much better than any other open insert type thing. They are very well made. I have one on my showroom floor and sometimes I go over to it and open and close the doors cause they are so smooth and tight. I'm weird that way. The cool thing about Stoll is that all their stuff is hand-crafted, I know, I've toured the factory. So, they can pretty much customize your unit if that's what you want. They make quality stuff.

So will I get more heat out of it than my metal heatform that I now have? I don't want to spend that kind of money and only get the same amount of heat. Sounds like you sell them? Do you have a web site?

I hesitate to make any claims about heat performance since there are so many variables. Stoll claims an estimated 50,000 BTU output, but you know how that is. Here's a link to the Heat Champion page. They have a dealer locator on the site, so you can find out who sells them near you.

http://www.stollfireplaceinc.com/heatchampion.asp

thanks for the response. I know an insert is the way to go. I was looking at a V.C. Montpelier in Brown it seems to have the largest viewing area in a non cat that will fit in my fireplace with a 2 story reline and labor it's around 4,100.00 but my wife is dead set against losing the open fire of the fireplace. I called Stoll and they told me the Heat Champion is heating their 2,000 SF floor but I'm sure thats one big open room. It's not cheap at 2,300.00 though. If I spring for it I just wanted to make sure I get more heat than my heatform

PMA1908 said:
thanks for the response. I know an insert is the way to go. I was looking at a V.C. Montpelier in Brown it seems to have the largest viewing area in a non cat that will fit in my fireplace with a 2 story reline and labor it's around 4,100.00 but my wife is dead set against losing the open fire of the fireplace. I called Stoll and they told me the Heat Champion is heating their 2,000 SF floor but I'm sure thats one big open room. It's not cheap at 2,300.00 though. If I spring for it I just wanted to make sure I get more heat than my heatform

My wife was against lossing her fire place until she saw this!Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW6bgkRrelM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad

Does anybody else have any info or experience with the Stoll Heat Champion?

I purchased one last year. If you want to stay away from a full chimney reline it's the way to go at about half the price of an insert with a full reline. Really throws out the heat. Burn with the doors closed. The disadvantage is the burn time is not as good as an insert

PMA1908 said:
I purchased one last year. If you want to stay away from a full chimney reline it's the way to go at about half the price of an insert with a full reline. Really throws out the heat. Burn with the doors closed. The disadvantage is the burn time is not as good as an insert

What type of burn times are you getting with the unit? I only plan on using this for a 180sq. ft room. Thanks for any other info you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.