Stove and wood..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that stove is one big, heating beast. There was a gas version of the Firelight in the gas stove inventory I bought last year. Unfortunatly it was the only stove in the crates with a crack in the castings. The thing is huge. The wood model has to be one wood cooking SOB.

Just for grins we took the top off of it, pulled the gas guts and put a whole Kero-Sun 10,000 btu kerosene stove inside of it and put the top back on. Burned it for a few hours for grins but got concerned about heat build up in the kero heater and didn't want to burn down the warehouse, just yet.

Buy the stove and I'll get up there and help you load the stove and firewood. If you don't want the firewood I'll help out with that too. I think Bugette is from about 2 exits down on the Northway so I'm sure she'll help you out too.

Maybe it could turn into a Hearth.com gathering.

Matt

i make my posting as usc walks stunned out of the rose bowl (AGAIN) chuckle. biggest thing i would wonder about is why would you spend that kinda money on a woodstove build that facing (was very nice) cut and split 4 cords of wood, then want to sell the beast instead of using it at least until you have used up the wood ( who is going to buy that stuff (wood and all) and come pick it up , and if they do , what the **** are they gonna pick it up in???? its a beautiful stove in that location and im sure it would heat very well, i just dont get it , is he looking at somthing that will work better? that site he has in his picture will look silly unless he has a woodstove sitting there. i wish i had a location in my home that looked like that, i'd drop a 30 nc in it in a heartbeat ( im predudice) i just dont understand why sombody would lay down that much scratch and then sell it off.

mike esw

Gotta be selling the house or somebody in the family has issues with wood burning.

No kidding, wouldn't a 30-NC throw some heat in that setup.

<Getting kinda prejudiced myself after burning that sucker all day today>

I think the guy is selling his vacation home. If it's lake side or even has a lake view up there it would sell for quite a nice price. Lake George is condsidered real desirable. I doubt that 3K is much of a worry for him.

dunno eaten, must be issue with wood heat, if i were selling that home , and had a high end wood unit installed , i would have used that as a selling point not unloaded it , with 4 cords of wood!? doesnt detract , it adds to value. especially when the prospective buyer sees it ( male!!!!) othing gets the old testosterone up like a wood stove! especially with a 4 cord head start!!!

stoveguy2esw said:
whats up BB,
running into a prob? let me know?

No problems at all Mike. I feel kind of stupid to admit it in an online forum, but even with the 30-NCL doing a great job I am kinda missing the old stove. First heating day and all. Me and that sucker heated this joint for a long time. My wife just explained it. She said that the Sierra wasn't a stove. After 20 years it was family.

She also explained that she was nice and warm and that I would get the hell over it.

hey BB ,
i understand,
just tell the spouse to take care of my baby LMAO!

its a great unit, by the way , i have picked out several of your posts about the stove and posted them on the bulliten board at the shop. i want to share this with you.(I picture a room full of welders) the guys looked at them and literally got into an arguement (lol ), "that one was mine!" no it was mine! lol you dont know how much fun i have had watching this, you boosted the morale of a hard working group!
picture these welders sitting around looking at the photo you sent us racking their brains looking for a way that they could identify that stove as one they fitted up, its priceless!

if i may ever be of any help to you , let me know.
mike holton englander stoves

EatenByLimestone said:
Buy the stove and I'll get up there and help you load the stove and firewood. If you don't want the firewood I'll help out with that too. I think Bugette is from about 2 exits down on the Northway so I'm sure she'll help you out too.

Maybe it could turn into a Hearth.com gathering.

Matt

We're about 20 min. away and the boyfriend is one tall buff Chowderhead with a heart of gold---spot us a bit of that hickory and we're there.

Wow, that is one sweet deal. Go for it. Last weekend I missed a deal on craigslist, by being too polite and waiting until 9am before calling on a Sunday. 6 month old ivory enameled Isle Royale went for $650.

I'd go and help somebody load the stove for a good time meeting people and maybe a bite to eat. I'm odd that way. If somebody seriously wants to buy the stove and doesn't have room for the wood I'd be happy to buy some and/or take it out of your way.

Let me know if anybody here picks it up.

Matt

Edit: LG is further than I would normally pay to haul some wood, but again, this isn't the normal situation and I could always rent a trailer. The best part is, hauling the wood back would be a gradual slope all downhill! :) :) :)

BrotherBart said:
Yeah but that stove is one big, heating beast. There was a gas version of the Firelight in the gas stove inventory I bought last year. Unfortunatly it was the only stove in the crates with a crack in the castings. The thing is huge. The wood model has to be one wood cooking SOB.

Just for grins we took the top off of it, pulled the gas guts and put a whole Kero-Sun 10,000 btu kerosene stove inside of it and put the top back on. Burned it for a few hours for grins but got concerned about heat build up in the kero heater and didn't want to burn down the warehouse, just yet.

I thought the CB was one of the smallest Jotuls. And don't you have one? Confused!! :question:

Ahh... nevermind I figured out what stove it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.