Stove Bolt Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

milleph

Oct 26, 2021
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
I'm replacing all the bolts on a Lange 6302K. I see 5/16" stove bolts online at numerous places but some are low carbon steel, others zinc plated. What's the right bolt to purchase and from where?

Thanks

Reactions: thewoodlands
I'm replacing all the bolts on a Lange 6302K. I see 5/16" stove bolts online at numerous places but some are low carbon steel, others zinc plated. What's the right bolt to purchase and from where?

Thanks
I'm not sure but did a quick search, hopefully someone can answer your question.

Zap

Thanks
Here's a thread on it from this site.

One mistake I made when replacing bolts was over tightening them. A few popped like rockets when they got hot.