Stove Bright High Temperature Paint- Speak to the Experts!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Good Afternoon!

My name is Sam, and I am the Consumer Products Manager for FORREST Technical Coatings. Stove Bright and Stove Bright Hearth Accessories are the products that I primarily manage in my role.

My coworker happened to find this website, and I wanted to make a presence here to be of assistance to any one of you who have used/will use/want to use Stove Bright High Temperature Paint.

I work Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST and will answer any questions you have as I am able!

Reactions: DAKSY
Thanks Sam for hooking up with the hearth community. Is there a web site with any tips? I'm planning on painting my single wall.

Tom

Reactions: Ms_Stove_Bright
Thanks Sam for hooking up with the hearth community. Is there a web site with any tips? I'm planning on painting my single wall.

Tom
Hi Tom! Currently I only have references for Stovebright High Temperature Paint (I don't have information available for any other manufacturers) - How it should be applied, cured, and prep. We have references on our website, or I could email PDF files to you. We have a few older Youtube videos as well from my predecessor "Mr. Stove Bright", that are dated... but informative. I would be more than happy to assist you, but also want to be clear that where as I represent Stovebright, I don't want to try to sell anything, just provide assistance :)

Hi Tom! Currently I only have references for Stovebright High Temperature Paint (I don't have information available for any other manufacturers) - How it should be applied, cured, and prep. We have references on our website, or I could email PDF files to you. We have a few older Youtube videos as well from my predecessor "Mr. Stove Bright", that are dated... but informative. I would be more than happy to assist you, but also want to be clear that where as I represent Stovebright, I don't want to try to sell anything, just provide assistance :)

Single wall is stove pipe, stovebright would be the proper paint for it. You should learn the lingo if you want to sell this product.

Single wall is stove pipe, stovebright would be the proper paint for it. You should learn the lingo if you want to sell this product.
I was simply stating that Stovebright isn't the only high temperature paint on the market. I cannot push sales of any particular brand via the rules on this website. :) Thank you!

Reactions: stoveliker
Very good product as long as you do your surface prep correctly before applying. Any new colors coming out?
I cannot say what just yet, but we very well may be releasing something this next March!

Welcome Sam, always good to have another reference amongst the group. Stay warm.

Reactions: Ms_Stove_Bright
Welcome Sam, always good to have another reference amongst the group. Stay warm.
Thank you so much! Happy to be here! I exist simply for technical and customer support. (my favorites!)

I have a question; are there any developments for paints that are more durable on telescoping pipe?

Thin powder coating?
It's a bit annoying that every time I sweep my flue, I have new scratches on the pipe from removing it.

I have a question; are there any developments for paints that are more durable on telescoping pipe?

Thin powder coating?
It's a bit annoying that every time I sweep my flue, I have new scratches on the pipe from removing it.

Slide some heavy paper (construction paper or printer paper) between the inner and outer layers. Use masking tape to wrap it, and tape it to the outer pipe if you can’t hold it and slide by hand. The paper should shield the inner pipe from the rough edges on the outer pipe.

Reactions: usefulidi0t
Hm, thanks. Good idea, in principle. I'm not sure that's going to work in my case as the (doube wall) outer layers are already quite tight (and a bit hard to move, ever since they were new) - I see no way to have a sheet of paper between them.

Mines not that tight. I can get my pinky between them on the back where the crimped seams are.

Welcome to the Forum!

Is there a way to paste a copy or link of the Forrest Paints Employee Newsletter from July 2013 ?? It is no longer available online, and contains the article about the first color formulated other than black for Fisher Stoves.

Last edited:

Thin powder coating?
I use a strip of masking tape where the screw holes are and the length of the amount I will slip the pipe in.

It appears my system is way tighter than others; masking tape is impossible to fit between the parts that slide over each other for me.

Maybe I just have to live with the scratching. (It's not that big of a deal for a basement stove, but I've always wondered why the paint is so fragile on stoves and pipes.)

My telescopic pipe is fused to my singlewall. Lifting it will lift my entire chimney. Before the telescopic sleeve moves.

My telescopic pipe is fused to my singlewall. Lifting it will lift my entire chimney. Before the telescopic sleeve moves.
Anything becomes a hammer when you need it.

Reactions: stovelark