Stove Chow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so I was getting low, with 1/2 ton barefoots left, Currans gone, wasnt to happy with the Curran softies when we got into the single and negative numbers. to be honest, green supreme gave off better heat and I could run them at a lower setting...so went to hd, saw they had stove chow, bought a ton because of the decent reviews they have here...rang them out at 199.00 a ton????, plus my 10% discount so 179.20, so I said give me another! pick that one up tomorrow, hope they burn well in my stove.

I have burned some Natures Own this year which seems to be Stove Chow in a different bag and was very happy with it. I'm sure it won't be up the standards of your barefoots but at $179/ton it will be dfficult to find any regrets. I think you stole them - nice find.

Reactions: Bowhunter1
Burned both the Stove Chow and Fireside Ultras this year. Very good heat for a box store pellet, though, more ash than the Barefoots.
I have slowly been burning the BFs and Somersets during the sub 5 degree mornings and the SC and FSU during the day. Post your results and comments with the SC! (We are out of both brands, locally, and I have enough to finish the season.)

Burned both the Stove Chow and Fireside Ultras this year. Very good heat for a box store pellet, though, more ash than the Barefoots.
I have slowly been burning the BFs and Somersets during the sub 5 degree mornings and the SC and FSU during the day. Post your results and comments with the SC! (We are out of both brands, locally, and I have enough to finish the season.)

The only thing I can say bad about the BF's is the price, burned them last year no complaints, same this year. 6+ a bag now, I bought a ton early for 239.00, I have 6 Bags of Currans left, I'm burning them now that it is about 10. I will post what I find out about the SC's, its supposed to be getting cold again by the middle of the week,

3 bags in so far, a lot less ash than the Curran softies, i can run it at a lower combustion rate and lower feed to keep the temp where i have it too, so far so good...3.60 Bag.....yea im not complaining. granted it isn't in the negative numbers today, still 8 degrees, last night it was -6 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.