Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ijbelair55

Jan 8, 2014
sussex nj
4CF954B6-F817-4A0F-86B3-7943F6FA70EA.png
Does anybody know make of this stove ? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stove has carried three or four different labels, but going backward from being discontinued there was the Majestic, Monessen, and I believe just Dutchwest. This was all done by Vermont Castings or its successor company. The design does go back to Consolidated Dutchwest, but yours is much newer. I am guessing it is a Dutchwest S ("Small". "L" and "XL" were also made, not sure there was ever a "Medium") Obviously it is without legs.

It is a catalytic version and replacement catalysts are easily available.

They are a pretty good little stove and yours appears to be in good shape.

Yes, you're right, this is probably a newer Dutchwest. I took a guess at the size. The top on the 2460 (S) is listed as 22", 2461 is 25.75" and the 2462 is 28.25". If the hearth stones are 24" sq then it is more likely to be an S.