Stove Id ......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

all night moe

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2015
earth
BK?
00g0g_9W4NTRnH0uLz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

What does the UL tag say on the back say about it?

What does the UL tag say on the back say about it?
00U0U_dPkzKUOzsmIz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

That's all I got. I can pick this up for a $100. Looks to be an 8'' flue?
I'm keeping an eye out for a garage stove ..... large two car.

Seller does not know the make.
Friend emailed me pics.

Not much help. I can't tell if the UL tag is blurry or missing. Need a closer, sharper picture.

Stove is about 45mins from me.
My friend spotted it driving buy.
Only other clue is pic with door open.
00a0a_beVnUCv7eC8z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

View attachment 284381
That's all I got. I can pick this up for a $100. Looks to be an 8'' flue?
I'm keeping an eye out for a garage stove ..... large two car.

I don't know all the old BK stoves, but I have not seen one with a door with two handles, and opening like that?

Also, if you put it in your garage, there shouldn't be gasoline (in cars, mowers, or jerry cans) there.

Gosh I am having problems with one handle let alone two because I am new at this but for a drive by picture taking and no information on the stove---I would pass...old mrs clancey

Reactions: all night moe
Gosh I am having problems with one handle let alone two because I am new at this but for a drive by picture taking and no information on the stove---I would pass...old mrs clancey
I checked the distance and it seems to be a bit over an hour. I'm not wanting to take a Sunday stroll to find out I'm not interested. Since the price is right, that's why I was looking for info here. I'd love a BK, old or new.

Just a couple of chainsaws. All else is in the shed.
Just make sure your insurance does not know - they may refuse to pay out in case of shtf.

I found out some information on your two handle stove.. old clancey

i also found this old posting from our forum here..clancey

I checked the distance and it seems to be a bit over an hour. I'm not wanting to take a Sunday stroll to find out I'm not interested. Since the price is right, that's why I was looking for info here. I'd love a BK, old or new.
Old bks are just like any other basic steel box. Earth stove made similar ones or it could just be a copy

Thank you all for your replies.
This may become worth the trip. I'm on my second All Nighter. I upgraded to the mid sized I have now. When I got my 1st I went to a local wood stove shop for piping and accessories. The old timer there had a beautiful looking PE in red enamel that caught my eye. He told me if I ever was to look for a 2nd stove to look into a BK. He then pointed to the one he had in use and gloated about all it's features and benefits. I've wanted one ever since. Now I may just have one. Even if it is an older model. :)

The orange on the door and the handles looks to me like it could be an early Prestige by DeeZee. Yes DeeZee the truck accessory people made stoves for a while I think mid 70's through early 80's? The later ones looked like an exact copy of an early Blaze King. I believe the DeeZee's were made in Des Moines Iowa, I Believe Blaze King had a plant somewhere around there and another one in Centraila Missouri. I have family close to Centralia I remember some one with a Blaze King and another with a Prestige.

Last edited:
There was a DeeZee Prestige stove posted many years back that looked like a direct clone of an early Blaze King. This stove looks more like a prototype.

Pretty sure that is not a BK. It appears to be a Prestige or Earth Stove variant.
That is what I'm thinking also, thanks to the posts here.
I no longer have interest in this stove.

Thanks to all who have responded here.