Stove Identification Help Wanted

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dlopitz

Oct 11, 2020
Mercer, WI
I'm seeking help identifying this wood stove, which I'm guessing dates c. 2005. Thank you! -Don

Stove 2.jpgStove 3.jpg

That is a somewhat rare Vermont Castings Madison. It's in need of some new gaskets.

Last edited:
No, the rust is not an issue. Just steel wool it off the top, wipe down with alcohol and repaint with good quality, high-temp stove paint like Stove Brite Metallic Black.
Are you purchasing the stove? There should be a UL label on the back of the stove identifying it.

No, the rust is not an issue. Just steel wool it off the top, wipe down with alcohol and repaint with good quality, high-temp stove paint like Stove Brite Metallic Black.
Are you purchasing the stove? There should be a UL label on the back of the stove identifying it.
Yes, it's part of a cabin purchase. I did not note the details while on site, but I want to get the replacement gasket so I can do the repair when I return. Thanks for advice about mitigating the rust and repainting! I'd like to preserve the aesthetic of this beauty!

3/8" gasket. The manual is available online. It's the only conventionally build VC stove that I know of outside of the Aspen. If not abused it should be a nice stove.