Stove pipe ? for Energy King 480

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crzybowhntr

Mar 6, 2013
I am in the process of placing my Energy King 480 furnace in my basement and need to know if I can come directly out the back of the furnace with a 90, then go up (vertical) for about 3 feet, and then add another 90 to get me level with where I need to run a 5 foot horizontal run to get through the block wall and to the tee that will be outside. OR Should I go straight out the back for 4 feet, add a 90 and go vertical for 3 feet and then another 90 to get me to the horizontal level. OR Another thought was to come out the back with a 45, then make a diagonal run up to where I can add another 45 to get me level with where my horizontal run will be.

What`s best? The method with 90`s would be easier and cleaner install, but the 45`s are doable- if necessary.

Last option with the 45's sounds the best. Level horizontal runs kill draft. In the least they should be pitched 1/4" per ft. more if possible. Keep the horiz runs at a minimum.

I'm new to this but I agree you should go with the 45s. Keep everything move up as opposed to moving across.

I went with 45's and DVL.
That straight section extends for 'easy' installation and removal for cleaning.
20151022_213738_resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.