Stove Pipe install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed P

Apr 13, 2013
Wapwallopen, Pa
Hi everyone, I have a Harman P68. I just got done putting all my Dura vent stove pipe together and it's really close coming off the back of the stove. I went with an appliance adapter to a clean out tee then up from there.. What do you use to get it a few inches off the back of the stove? My appliance adapter is about 4". Thanks.

Hello

Duravent makes a 1 foot adjustable pipe that you can get down close to 4 inches..

How do you like your P68? I just picked up a P61a.

Don, I just bought it about a month ago. So, i'm new to burning pellets. I've burned coal the last 7 years. I cleaned it all up and gave it a new paint job. I want to fire it up to cure the paint. I looked at more pipe and i'm thinking the 6" pipe would be what I'm looking for. The stove itself is beautiful... I hate to say it... but i'm looking forward to winter so I can burn it!

Does the distance bother you? Do you need more room for maintenance?

If not, then I would leave it alone? Unless, you want the stove to stick out on the Hearth further? Or a clearance issue?

Yes, it's too close to get the covers off. I have to angle the stove pipe away from the stove or it will rub on the stove itself.. I don't think it will hurt anything but I just want some more room. I should have taken a picture..

you should be able to find a 5 or 6 inch piece to add on there.

Ed I have a 12" piece of pellet vent pro 3" dia brand new if you interested let me know.

Reactions: Ed P and DexterDay
Will, thanks for the offer that's very nice of you but I'm going to go with 6". I want to keep it closer to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.