stove runs and then cuts off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

the kid

Jan 4, 2018
linthicum , md 21090
i have a Breckwell p22 stove which starts, runs for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. I cant get it to start. it goes through the same sequence every time. What could be one of the problems?

When you hit start does the combustion blower start up?

When was the last time the stove got a deep clean, combustion blower, convection blower, burnpot. Behind ash panels. Vac/air port?

Was the air port clear, could you blow through the hose?

yesterday, ran a bypass past the air switch and the stove stayed running, just waiting on a new part now.

thanks,

pj
Bypassing the Vac switch does not mean the switch is bad, it also tells you there is no Vac in the stove. The stove could have a lot of ash build up behind the wall, pipes full of ash, or ash covering the vac. hole. There is that possibility that the switch is bad. While I'm waiting on the parts I would clean behind the back wall, remove port doors and stick a wire all the way up to the baffles, vacuum from port door to the other port door, and check the piping to include the termination cap. Hope this helps.