Stove year help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vkjrturner

Jan 27, 2014
S.C.
I got a big boy No. 131 stove. I just want to know the year made and how to seal the middle half to start using image.jpg image.jpg

This looks like a coal stove. What do you mean by sealing the middle half?

Where the belly meets the flat part right above the dampener. It's held together with 3 bolts and square nuts. It has always been in my family but the one who knew the most about it passed away. I know it is a wood stove and came out of a house built in the 1930's and had a clay/asbestos chimney. That's about it.

Unbolt that section, clean it up and then use Rutland stove cement to seal the joint. Let it cure according to directions.

I been looking to find out for about a year till I came across this forum I just wanted to see. Ok so a coal stove what type of coal and where can I fine coal to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.