Stovetop thermometers

JimBear

Feeling the Heat
Dec 15, 2017
SW Iowa
I was just curious as to what folks are using for stovetop thermometers. Mine is an Inferno
F15E1653-29F7-4845-A92F-72ED41706961.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grizzerbear

Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
I use the same one. Ive never tested it against others but i like it and think its fairly accurate. From what i can tell it is a pretty popular thermometer on here and a lot of folks use it for what thats worth.

Reactions: JimBear

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Condar . . . I forget which exact model. It's been relatively accurate when stacked up against the IR thermometer.

JotulOwner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2007
Long Island, New York
I was just curious as to what folks are using for stovetop thermometers. Mine is an Inferno
View attachment 252822
I have several different ones (Condar, Rutland, Jotul). They all seem reasonably accurate, but I also use an IR thermometer to check all areas of the stove/ pipe.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Most of theses can be off 100 degrees or more. I think the IR guns are a lot more accurate. I have about 3 different makes of those and all test about the same on known temp surfaces. Maybe off 5 degrees or so between models.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimBear and Ludlow

ColdNorCal

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2018
Nor Cal
View attachment 252822
Use that one as well. Not sure of accuracy although when it is just below or just above the 400 degree mark, creosote, I no longer see smoke from the chimney cap.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
I got the auber instrument stove pipe temperature sensor and i love it can read it from the couch and I have a camera pointed towards the stove and can see the temp on the monitor by my bed