• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TinyHouse

Sep 28, 2017
Radford, VA
I was wondering if anyone had experience with a Logwood 1269E. I am researching into various solutions for a stove top and found that this could product could function as a heating unit and as well as a stove top for cooking. I am looking for other members in the forum who have first hand experience with this product and are willing to tell me about that experience.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with a Logwood 1269E. I am researching into various solutions for a stove top and found that this could product could function as a heating unit and as well as a stove top for cooking. I am looking for other members in the forum who have first hand experience with this product and are willing to tell me about that experience.
Honestly it is a peice of junk. Even the manufacturer says it should not be used in a habited space. Some here have had some success with them but those who did typically did a lot of work to seal the leaky pos up so they could controll it. And that doesnt address the poor quality castings that are very prone to cracking.

had the votgelzang version. even as a back up for my wood furnace, still had had a bunch of leaks. even after i sealed the top pieces and the moving piece, still cant control the air enough to stop it from glowing most of the time. had a damper too, still was way too hot and broke down the rtv after a couple years and cracked along the side. thin metal and air leaks everywhere its in my scrap metal pile now

Generally speaking, US Stove company puts out some very low end, poorly built products that come from china, I think ratio of happy / satisfied customers to stoves after 3 years of use is 1:50
I had a US Stove 2500, big pile of junk after the 3rd season, I was talking to another member here in a thread and we described the same issues with our stove falling apart, also the customer support / service is entry level at best.
If your on a budget but want to spend money wisely, check out Englander stove products, there stoves are mainly sold at home centers like home depot, lowes, mernards (I think that's the spelling) They are a 100% us made product, excellent craftsmanship, built like tanks, and there customer support is really good, basically you cant go wrong, they offer 3 good sizes, the Englander 17vl the smallest, the nc13 mid range and the nc30 (N Korea wishes they had this nuclear technology) They also offer some higher end units like the Madison, a new furnace ext.
I'm thinking about adding a second stove in my house, I'm part of the Blaze King cult as some would say, I'm gona go Englander 17vl when I'm ready.

thats what what i have now madison, you can cook on it too, second break in fire it was like 450 on the side and a little higher on top, should be fine to cook food or coffee if you want, i just wanted a backup and something for "shoulder"