Summer use for wood stove -- candle/oil lamp holder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heydan

I sometimes like to burn candles or a small oil lamp around the house for ambiance but I'm always concerned about the risk of fire if something unexpected happens, such as one of my big dogs knocking something over. But tonight I realized I can put candles or an oil lamp right *inside* my wood stove and view them through the glass window in the door. It looks nice and is (obviously) just about as safe as you can get. It also sends the small amount of wax or oil smoke, which can be smelly, up the chimney instead of into the room.

One of my dogs is a female German shepherd named Daisy. She's smart, agile, alert, and very high energy. People say she's beautiful.

The other is a big, dumb, sweet, lazy mutt named Roger who will climb into your lap even though he weighs 90 lbs. People fall in love with him and have been known to crawl into his cage or some mutual smooching:

http://medwaydogpark.com/gallery/folder/Dogs/Roger

Roger's puppy yawn in my avatar icon on here.

that wouldn't fly here, only because when the missus lights candles, the ambiance takes a back seat to the *purty* smells they produce.

heydan said:
One of my dogs is a female German shepherd named Daisy. She's smart, agile, alert, and very high energy. People say she's beautiful.

The other is a big, dumb, sweet, lazy mutt named Roger who will climb into your lap even though he weighs 90 lbs. People fall in love with him and have been known to crawl into his cage or some mutual smooching:

http://medwaydogpark.com/gallery/folder/Dogs/Roger

Roger's puppy yawn in my avatar icon on here.

nice shots...Up north here it is 92 and high humidity...pooch and i just got out of the lake..

Status
Not open for further replies.