Summers Heat 50-SHSSW01 ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
have yet to mess with the AAC myself. i have no desire. would rather pretend it doesnt exist and have it full open to start.....part open when its up to temps and mostly closed when its getting too hot and i need the stove to cruise. im always careful to push it straight in or pull straight out as i know twisting the handle could activate the AAC

Talked to company again.
They said the ACC will lock in the on position if it is turned on after the stove is up to temp. I find that odd but that is what they say will happen. The guy then asked if I have the cold air pipe hooked up yet. I told him no and he said that is the reason I am having a hard time controlling the flame. It needs the cold dense air from outside, not the warm air from inside. He then said if I still have problems to contact them.

Guess I will break down and try to run my stupidly long intake pipe this weekend.

Also, they guy is sending me some extra hinges just in case. So far the have been very easy to work with.

the use of the OAK per page 15 of the manual says its only mandatory if you live in mobile or manufactured home. also says to keep the run short if you do install one.

i just simply am not having any issue controlling the flame. i ignore the ACC and control the heat output manually. single story ranch house about 1700 sq ft. house is on a slab. 35 years old....probably average insulation in walls and ceiling. i wouldnt call the house tight or drafty. i do put up plastic over all the windows except for the big picture windows in living room and fireplace room that share a common middle wall. so my stove is basically only getting warm air! since the house is on slab my furnace and hot water heater closet in the hallway do have a fresh air pipe that they can draw from that ends in the attic. i can feel cold air near that area in the winter time since cold air is denser. i imagine the wood stove will draw air down that pipe to some degree....but in no way is the stove getting its own dedicated piping.

The stove may be ok. For now, skip using the ACC also and just refine burning technique. Pack the stove box tightly and use thicker splits. Turn down the air in increments as soon as possible without completely snuffing out the flame.

Talked to company again.
They said the ACC will lock in the on position if it is turned on after the stove is up to temp. I find that odd but that is what they say will happen.
That is correct. If you want to use these feature on reloads, you should let it go almost off with just enough coals to relight next load and you can set the ACC. If it is cold and you need to reload when still lots of coals and the stove still to warm, just do it manually. It works, you just need to know when to use it.