Sweet, sweet secondary burns with 64°F temp difference

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
First night burning. Got the stove stoked for the night. Secondaries are just wafting away. Outside temp is 10°F. Inside our 1700 sq.ft. ranch it is 74°F. Stove is cruising' at 450°F on 2 yrs.+ seasoned hard maple. One ceiling fan and one floor fan running on low. Heat is well balanced throughout the house. Oil furnace was shut off early this morning.

Sweet - sweet - sweet!

Shari

You've already got the hang of it Shari. Life is good at 74 degrees! We're usually 74-77 regardless of outside temp. Sometimes I let the house cool to 69-70 (feels good) and then run her hard to get it toasty again. By the way, how do you do the little circle for the degrees?

Ron,

You mean this: °F

When you reply to a message, look to the left of the message box you are typing in, click on the "Smileys, Etc." - the °F is in there.

Shari

Thanks Shari,
That's what I meant -- °F. That was fun making that--kinda "Dreamy".

Way to go! Yer doin' it right. All your planning and research is paying off tonight.

BTW, I don't know about PCs, but on an Apple keyboard you just hit the "option" key and then the zero key to get º, or add a capital "F" and get ºF. There is probably a PC keyboard shortcut, but I don't know what it is since I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Apple freak.

Wait... Lady BK just told me to hit control, shift and 2 at the same time, then hit the space bar and you get the º sign.

The Apple way is easier. ;-)

Congrats, that looks great, heats great, feels great................ life is better than good, its great!!!! .........................°F.................I didn't know that was there either after being here since 2006 I think LOL. :coolsmile:

Hey mate, you haven't been that out of it :). Craig just added these symbols to the smiley table a short while ago. On the PC, alt +0176 on the num pad should also insert a degree ° symbol. But be sure that Num Lock is enabled first.

Huh . . . learned something new today . . . didn't know about this °F. Much easier than writing out "degrees Fahrenheit". ;)

Shari said:
First night burning. Got the stove stoked for the night. Secondaries are just wafting away. Outside temp is 10°F. Inside our 1700 sq.ft. ranch it is 74°F. Stove is cruising' at 450°F on 2 yrs.+ seasoned hard maple. One ceiling fan and one floor fan running on low. Heat is well balanced throughout the house. Oil furnace was shut off early this morning.

Sweet - sweet - sweet!

Shari
4 th night burning and I have similar results. Its sick, the fires out for 3 hours and the house temp is at 75 and won't go down even though its mid 20's outside. So like a typical wasteful American I open the patio and front door for an hour to get thet house temp down to practice starting another fire. %-P Gosh Darn novelty of a new toy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.