switching to DSP from single

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjshark

Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2006
Rock Hall , MD
Hello all,
I'd like to switch my current set up to double wall pipe. I have the supervent through ceiling kit.
Question1 is what is needed to hook up DSP to chimney adapter that extends into living space. Does DSP just slide up and screw to adapter or do I need another adapter
Question 2 is I have Hearthstone phoenix which requires 45 degree at stove collar. Does the DSP 45 connect directly to this collar?
Thanks in advance.

jbjshark said:
Hello all,
I'd like to switch my current set up to double wall pipe. I have the supervent through ceiling kit.
Question1 is what is needed to hook up DSP to chimney adapter that extends into living space. Does DSP just slide up and screw to adapter or do I need another adapter

It depends on what you have at your support box. In most cases the DW will slide over the flue extension &
get secured with three screws. Some brands (i.e. - Excel) require a trim band to make the connection look good

Question 2 is I have Hearthstone phoenix which requires 45 degree at stove collar. Does the DSP 45 connect directly to this collar?
Thanks in advance.

You MAY require a stove pipe adapter to make a good connection to your flue collar. If you get one & don't need it, most places will let you return unused venting components

Status
Not open for further replies.