Taking advantage of the mild winter weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Yes, we are taking advantage of this weather by cutting more wood.
how 'bout it Dennis! I' m still stuck working on this living room remodel.......but still doing some side jobs cutting trees when she ain't lookin and I can sneak out! ;-P

Beer Belly said:
You all can thank me for this mild weather.....after the October snowstorm we had here, I bought a big azz snowblower.....been great weather ever since >:-(

I keep fixin' and building snowblowers. Sold a couple but no real traffic this season. Have 3 tractors with snowblower attachments right now. I think I scared Old Man Winter away....

I don't care who's responsible for this crazy weather--thank you!!
It's up to a balmy zero today--had to look twice at that reading--it had been scheduled to plummet to -40F.

I am going to take advantage of this by breathing as I walk to the garage this morning. I will also leave off a couple of layers of outer gear in celebration. Woot!

Love to see zero for a few days, anyway. Got wood to cut, but I can't get to it. Maybe could have gotten some today if I was out at the crack o' dawn, before the sun made it too muddy. Just think, in the summer I was cutting the same place at sunrise, for it got too hot. Same thing in january >:-(

jeff_t said:
Love to see zero for a few days, anyway. Got wood to cut, but I can't get to it. Maybe could have gotten some today if I was out at the crack o' dawn, before the sun made it too muddy. Just think, in the summer I was cutting the same place at sunrise, for it got too hot. Same thing in january >:-(
I, for one, will nee highly disappointed if we don't get at least 1 snowstorm this winter.....and a couple of really really cold weeks here.soon because its almost maple syrup season and if it don't chill off soon thats gonna ruin it......

Will trade some of this cold for one of MasterMech's snowblowers. Figure out the details and get back to me. Willing to be very generous in terms . . .

It was my brother in law's fault. He bought a nice old IH Cub Cadet tractor with a snow blade last month. A friend of mine also got a tractor with a blade for Christmas.

snowleopard said:
Will trade some of this cold for one of MasterMech's snowblowers. Figure out the details and get back to me. Willing to be very generous in terms . . .

SOLD! I'm the kind of guy who'd ship the tractor up there and fly up to go play..... Cold/snow has never bothered me.

It's a done deal. Unfortunately for negotiating purposes, the temperatures are up to a balmy, barefooting-it 10 ABOVE zero, but I can make it up to you in snow---there must be about 18" of powder out there, with a nice pack underneath it. It's all yours . . . Request that you take delivery asap. Can't deliver, but will help load.

Status
Not open for further replies.