Taking the plunge...cheapest price on an Englander 30 stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstellfox

Jul 15, 2010
PA
I am looking to purchase an Englander/Summer's heat Model 30 wood stove. I have seen them at Ace hardware for $1099. I have read on this forum of people getting them much cheaper than this. Any suggestions on where I can get one at a better price? Thanks in advance.

Seems like acehardwareonline had a good price when I was looking a couple years ago. They ship to your local store, for free I think. You're running into heating season now, so you prolly won't find a real good price til spring.

How is it that the price on these stoves can fluctuate so much? I mean regular prices (not sale prices) seem to be all over the board and seem to especially change irratically depending on the year. Seems everyone that bought this stove a year ago got it for $6-700 and now it is mostly over a grand.

Its still a steal for $1K or less. Keep looking and expect the deals to get more scarce as we round the corner and head towards heating season.

The really cheap prices are if you happen to be standing in a Home Depot or Lowe's the day they decide to clear the floor space for the lawn mowers. Except now HD has started just bringing in the forklift and putting them on the high rack for next year.

I paid full price plus freight two thirds of the way across the country in 2006 and haven't looked back. Great wood stove.

Call overstockstoves.com and get that sucker on the way.

BrotherBart said:
The really cheap prices are if you happen to be standing in a Home Depot or Lowe's the day they decide to clear the floor space for the lawn mowers. Except now HD has started just bringing in the forklift and putting them on the high rack for next year.

I paid full price plus freight two thirds of the way across the country in 2006 and haven't looked back. Great wood stove.

That's what they've been doing here.
A hundred bucks off for a week - then up on the high rack.
Back down onto the floor in September all rusty and still just a hundred bucks off.
Sadly - using the rusty one as the floor demo, too.
If I were a Englander rep I would not be happy.

980 is best I have seen all year, that source pays the freight to a local terminal where you have to pick it up. That really is not too bad a price considering freight cost these days. My Lowes and home depo around here have not had any sale on them,

billb3 said:
BrotherBart said:

That's what they've been doing here.
A hundred bucks off for a week - then up on the high rack.
Back down onto the floor in September all rusty and still just a hundred bucks off.
Sadly - using the rusty one as the floor demo, too.
If I were a Englander rep I would not be happy.

pm me the store location please, i'll pass it on to the sales department. they handle the reps

Was thinking of getting another 30nc for my family room. Probably overkill but lots of free wood. Maybe I'll get a 13nc about $300.00 cheaper and won't need much heat. Room has fireplace just begging me to put stove in. Lol

Englander 30 is $999 at Home Depot here. The box stores typically have a sale on stoves in September here but most of the stove shops have them on sale right now till the end of the month.

$1299.00 here in Michigan at Home Depot $1341.00 at lowes. Glad I got mine on ebay for $900.00.

$980 delivered from overstockstoves.com

I have never figured out why nobody notices that the street address for that company is the same as the street address for England's Stove Works. :lol:

BrotherBart said:

I have never figured out why nobody notices that the street address for that company is the same as the street address for England's Stove Works. :lol:

That's hilarious! I never was in the market for an Englander, so never looked at the back door.

BrotherBart said:

That's funny! :)

That's where I bought mine in December 07' for $799 shipped.

December 31, 2010 is coming up quick for those who want to take advantage of the 30% Tax credit..........................

Just ordered one (30nc), should be in later this week from overstock stoves. Been watching their price since last Feb. $980. Includes freight to a terminal close by. ( Actually order says UPS Freight) Makes the stove price around 7-800 subtracting the shipping.

I just spoke with a guy named Andy from AM FM-STOVES LLC. They have a deal with Englander stoves in VA selling factory refurbished stoves from their store in Clifford VA. Spoke with Englander stoves and they said the stoves are as good as new and have the same warranty as new ones. Andy is going to ship a 30-NC to my house for the grand total of $725. Silly me, I was ready to buy one from Lowes at $1099. What was I thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.