Tarm 30 Installed...Break in and Boiler interupter temp setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfsard

Nov 19, 2008
Southern RI
I will finally be firing up the solo plus 30 this weekend and still have a few questions. What temp setting has been found to be most effective for interupting the oil burner with the honeywell 4006a? I have seen 140f thrown about in some of the other forums. Also, the book says the first fire should be low and slow but no other mention of breakin procedures. Any experience out there would be appreciated. Cheers.

I have no oil backup so Ican't say for sure but if it were me I would start out at about 130*I have CI radiators and they will still heat at 130*.You can always raise it up if you need to.As for the break in just go slow,check for leaks,relax and enjoy.It took me about 3 or 4 fires to start to get comfortable.You have plenty of support on this website.Good luck

I also have a tarm 30,been burning for two weeks and 140 seems to be working. we need some real winter weather to really see how this thing works but like they say be careful what you wish for.

I have only had mine going (solo 30) for a little over two months and my problem is I can't find that perfect spot, because of the warm weather here(was 60* f yesterday), I have been letting it go out quit a bit, the problem is the circ pump is set for 160*f and the burner cut out is 140*f , so no water flowing to oil boiler, wood boiler not cooling down, solo 30 very well insulated, takes quite a while for oil boiler to kick in when no water circ. in between boilers. I am the last in line for showers and have taken a few luke warm ones. I find my self turning the aquastat up and down as need 140*-155*f, If I know the boiler is going to go out I turn it to 155*f then no problem with the water temp.
These problems do not exist when I leave the wood boiler running its just that in between time.

Missed the second part of the question, the first firing of mine I only used a little amount of wood brought it to about 140*f just to make sure everything was ok, I posted here at that time also when I was going to have my first firing and someone said there was a blob of weld around the door or something and had some smoke coming into the room. Second fire I put just enough wood in to check everything else out, third fire I let it rip. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.