Test burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mixpat

Dec 10, 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
First test burn of the season. Pulled all the motors for cleaning, new tailpipe and burn pot gaskets and pipe cleaning.

The pups approve :)

IMG_1714.jpg

My case will be 'cats approve'. In fact we have 2 tabby's that like to sleep on the top of the stove when it's running. Will be a while yet. Staying unseasonably warm here and raining quite a bit. I hope the rain isn't an indication of snow this winter. If it is, I for see lots of snowed in days.

Oh what lovely doggies how pretty and enjoying the heat--how nice. Their sure spoiled and worthless doggies...Enjoyed the picture...clancey

Reactions: mixpat
Look'in good........... Just about out of the first bag. getting a tad over 24 hours on a single sack of pellets. House is at 71. Wife is happy, life is good.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Of course I'm keeping a close eye on the RH. Guess I'll be running the humidifier soon. Problem is, with our mineral laden well water, I have to buy water at the grocery store.

Reactions: Washed-Up
...and my ancient 6039 gobbles the corn up too... I'm on straight pellets right now. No point in running mix. Don't need that much heat. I will say the red silicone room air fan gasket made a huge difference in noise.

First test burn of the season. Pulled all the motors for cleaning, new tailpipe and burn pot gaskets and pipe cleaning.

The pups approve :)

View attachment 283091
Nice puppers. I love dogs. problem is, at our age, I'd love to have a few but if something happened to us, who would take care of them. You know what they say, Dog spelled backwards is GOD. Don't worry about the cats. They can fend for themselves, well most of the ones we have can. We have a couple who cannot. One is 3 legged and the other only has one eye. Someone shot the 3 legged one and the one with one eye was born that way. All God's creatures and we are here to watch out for them.