Thank you to Veterans....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkSJohnson

Oct 30, 2013
Coastal RI
For those who have served, in any capacity, thank you for your service.

For those families who sacrificed while a loved one served, thank you as well.

Although I'm a member of other forums, I'm new here and unsure of the OT (Off Topic) forum policies. Usually, though, there are exceptions for posts along these lines. If this breaks forum rules, I apologize and moderator, please feel free to remove this post.

In the meantime, maybe a few veterans will see it! :)

Thanks

Since you can read this thank a teacher. Since you are reading this in English thank a VETERAN.

Thank you for my freedom.

Attended the local ceremonies at the cenotaph this morning. The fighter jet fly by and bag pipes choke me up every time. My Grandpa served in the Second World War, Korea and a few peace keeping missions. Sure do miss him an awful lot and wish he could have hung around into my adulthood.

Typically this would be an Inglenook forum post, but we can let it ride here for a bit. Don't be surprised if it does get slide over there (or even merged into one of them that is already running).

And my thanks to all vets.

Jags - USN 87-91

Thanks for the info and for your service, Jags!

A forum that I've been very active on for 10 years has The Water Cooler...same thing! :)

I haven't explored the forums on Hearth.com...yet.... other than the ones that are pellet related!

Thanks for the info and for your service, Jags!

A forum that I've been very active on for 10 years has The Water Cooler...same thing! :)

I haven't explored the forums on Hearth.com...yet.... other than the ones that are pellet related!

Welcome to the big show. Tons of great info and good people. Be aware that the ashcan has been shutdown for the busy season. (helps the workload for the staff).

Thanks
USN 65-70
Not too squared away in the photo! Probably taken about 4 in the morning! Had the Conn from midnight to 6 every day! Crap, I look like a kid!
Witman at the Conn.jpg

Thanks
USN 65-70
Not too squared away in the photo! Probably taken about 4 in the morning! Had the Conn from midnight to 6 every day! Crap, I look like a kid!
View attachment 117395

:) I think you *were* a kid! It's amazing to me, how much responsibility we put on our young people in the military... and how well they rise to it.

You look about as happy as I did. ;lol

moselysfavoritte.jpg

:) I think you *were* a kid! It's amazing to me, how much responsibility we put on our young people in the military... and how well they rise to it.
Unfortunately, you're right! I was a naive kid. Yea, the responsibility was amazing for a young kid a couple of years out of college. Long, long hours, little sleep and a lot of stress builds character once you realize you can do it! Hire a Vet, not an OWS scumbag.

A huge thank you to all of you . The true heroes of our great country.

My dad served in the Navy during WWII and saw duty in Korea as well. Thank you, all who served and are serving for my freedom!

Reactions: becasunshine
Thanks for all of your service! Still the shining city on the hill, couldn't be done with out our Veterans!

I agree, our veterans should not be forgotten. All my uncles served in WW II. Many of my cousins served in Vietnam. We all came back. Some did not.

FWIW i think every day should be "veterans day". that said, make it that way, when you see an old guy with a hat with a hull number on it or a USMC or "vietnam vet" hat on, take a second , walk over and say "thanks" shake his/her hand. just takes a second, means a lot.

vet's, stand tall and know that you have been the best this country can offer. there is no greater honor than to know you have served your country.

Isaiah 6:8;
And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me.

this verse has been adopted by the 160Th SOAR as their credo, quite possibly the finest group of aviators in the world today. i was privileged to have served alongside these warriors during my army career.

NSDQ

Status
Not open for further replies.