That hurricane looking at Florida

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
The computer models show it running through the Mid Atlantic and New England Friday and Saturday. It probably wouldn’t be a big deal but I’m pretty sure most of us have gutters filled with leaves and such at the moment.

Heads up on what’s coming our way!

It’s looking like we’ll be on the southern fringe of this one. We’re at MacDill AFB in Tampa. Gonna see some surge in the Bay, plenty of rain & maybe 40-50mph winds. Hoping we don’t suffer too much damage!

And I was planning to fell some pine that died during the drought of this summer... Probably a no go this weekend.

Cleaned my gutters today. Stupid live oaks drop leaves twice a year. And the long leaf pines whenever it’s windy. 2” rain for for us here. The combination will plug any gutter guards but the surface tension ones but then we get rain rates 2+“/hour and the the water just shoots of the surface tension guards. So I get up every 3-4 weeks and clean the gutters year round.

My favorite tropical weather YouTube channel.

Same here.

The Dakotas were supposed to get a foot of snow.where I live I was on the edge and only got 2 inches.

I’m on the fence with snow. I don’t like shoveling it, but like skiing. Maybe I should take a NIMBY position, lol.

Cleaned my gutters today. Stupid live oaks drop leaves twice a year. And the long leaf pines whenever it’s windy. 2” rain for for us here. The combination will plug any gutter guards but the surface tension ones but then we get rain rates 2+“/hour and the the water just shoots of the surface tension guards. So I get up every 3-4 weeks and clean the gutters year round.
Sounds like you're dealing with quite a challenge with those trees! It's a constant battle to keep those gutters clear, especially when you have such a mix of leaves dropping throughout the year. And the rain rates you're mentioning can really put even the best gutter guards to the test.

I’m on the fence with snow. I don’t like shoveling it, but like skiing. Maybe I should take a NIMBY position, lol.
It's an easier thing to satisfy in Seattle. Snowstorms and shoveling are fairly infrequent. I didn't own a snow shovel for the first 25 yrs living here. For fun, the mountains with primo skiing are just an hour away.

No hurricanes either. But there is the possibility of an earthquake.