The Beginnings Epic Rock Songs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure how many know this guy, but........wow.
Also not really an epic rock intro, but.......wow.

I just picked up a live CD with him and Beth Hart, what they do together works for me.

You've got to love a song that starts with a killer guitar solo. The Scorpions were the kings of that.

I am a big Lynyrd Skynyrd fan.

Went to the Tribute Tour concert , 1987, Only concert I ever been to that the everyone in the place stood for the entire concert and sounded like every person was singing every word to every song. Spooky experience for sure.

Here is another Clip of Free Bird 1977 but watch this one and watch the crowd go completely bonkers at around the 6:05 mark.

The song has been played to death but for good reason.

Went to the Tribute Tour concert , 1987, Only concert I ever been to that the everyone in the place stood for the entire concert and sounded like every person was singing every word to every song.

I've never been to a concert where that wasn't the case :) Guess that means we both listen to good music.

Two of my fav intros from Metallica's "S&M" performances with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. Man I wish I could have been there...

Hi Scott

What about ELO's Comback Concert in 2001 that opens up with Smoke and singing Evil Woman?

Or
Elton John in Tommy with Pinball Wizard? ?

How about?

The Epic Song released as a single in 1968
Played in Concert Live in Texas in 1972 and played again Live in the largest concert of all time to a record audience of 1.5 million people on Copacabana Beach in Rio De Janeiro Feb 12, 2006 by Mic Jagger and the Rolling Stones Jumping Jack Flash!

Hey

No One mentioned?
The Eagles Joe Walsh - Life's been good!

How about the American Rockband Formed around Union City, New Jersey with their debut album in 1971 inspired by the eye patch called Dr. Hook and toured until about 1985!

Also, does anyone know how many songs Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show wrote?
How about - When you are in love with a beautiful woman?

Hello

Well, don't forget that cool video and song by English synthpop duo La Roux from their eponymous debut album, La Roux (2009)
Like that beginning! This time maybe, I'll be Bullet Proof !

Gosh, I almost forgot my absolute favorite in 1979!
It single by The Pretenders. It was written by Chrissie Hyndeand James Honeyman-Scott, and produced by Chris Thomas.
Scoring number one on the UK Singles Chart for two weeks in January 1980 (making it the first number-one single of the 1980s)

Brass in Pocket! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.