The biggest pellet furnace in the world....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Well, maybe it's not, I'm not sure, but I'm going to set it up next Tuesday. It's 800,000 BTUS. The people that installed it originally used B-Vent to chimney it up out of the steel building. It had a chimney fire and all the aluminum smelted down back into the heat exchanger. Oooopsie!

I'll post some pics of this monster next week. It's made by Wood Master.

biomax_forcedair_bg.png

Well, maybe it's not, I'm not sure, but I'm going to set it up next Tuesday. It's 800,000 BTUS. The people that installed it originally used B-Vent to chimney it up out of the steel building. It had a chimney fire and all the aluminum smelted down back into the heat exchanger. Oooopsie!

I'll post some pics of this monster next week. It's made by Wood Master.

View attachment 195125

Going in your shop??? If so may have to come see that one.

I'd hate to have to feed that thing!

... etc ... The people that installed it originally used B-Vent to chimney it up out of the steel building. It had a chimney fire and all the aluminum smelted down back into the heat exchanger. Oooopsie! ... etc ...

Wonder if that could happen without a chimney fire?

Reactions: bogieb
I'd hate to have to feed that thing!

Wonder if that could happen without a chimney fire?
I think it did. The fire was recently but it had been running bad for most of this season and I think that was the issue

Reactions: bogieb and tbear853
I have a Woodmaster 5500 OWB and have liked it. Good equipment but it loves to eat wood. It will do multiple buildings and heat 10,000 SQ FT.

I'm curious as to how many pounds or bags of pellets this thing you are working on eats in a 24 hour period. I'll follow this thread for some reading,

I have a Woodmaster 5500 OWB and have liked it. Good equipment but it loves to eat wood. It will do multiple buildings and heat 10,000 SQ FT.

I'm curious as to how many pounds or bags of pellets this thing you are working on eats in a 24 hour period. I'll follow this thread for some reading,
51 lbs an hour max

Reactions: bags
51 lbs an hour max

WOW! That'd cost some cash. Even if it was using 40 lbs. an hour at say $4 bucks. 24 x 4 = $100 bucks a day. I assume they buy pellets in bulk. Big places cost big money to keep warm.

Are you going to Install 3" or 4" diameter pellet vent or Multi-fuel venting?
Did you setup your garage as a good work base? I am still working on the new workshop. MA has a new electrical code for welder outlets. They have to be on a 50 amp GFCI breaker and have a tamper proof outlet! Do not see how that can be much safer if the welder is not used properly!!!

I think my brother has you beaten - https://www.pellet.org/wpac-news/drax-fires-up-biomass-power

2,200,000,000 BTU/hr on pellets per unit, and three of them in parallel :)
I wonder what the UK buying that many pellets from North America will do to prices and availability in the future here?? Shipping pellets from here in the millions of tonnes on boats half way around the world is supposed to be environmentally friendly?? I think it would be a good idea to stock up in the summer as this might cause shortages.

It's been consuming 5 million tonnes/year of wood since 2014, with another 2.5 million tonnes a year added to it from this year onwards. The pellets are all manufactured in dedicated plants, although they will be sucking up an awful lot of wood feedstock.
As for the environmental friendliness, shipping wood from the USA is a great deal better than the alternative of shipping in coal from Russia or Colombia and burning that instead.

Hi Scott, could you use Class A on the furnace? Olympia makes 12" class A.