The Curse Of Brother Bart....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
The one where he says "things are going to get real interesting at your house for the next few hours " :coolsmirk:

For those not in "the know :coolsmirk: ='s BB.

750 °F on the door and climbing......

850 °F

850 °F

2/3 full. Put in 2 4" semi seasoned oak rounds.

Still have eye brows.

750 °F

*buys more Ms. Clairol*

Cozy!

LOL !!

The fire department was coming around last night with the "Santa on the fire truck" thingy. I thought it was good timing :wow:

Yep. Had a little dose of that myself last night. Instead of going down and getting three monsters for the night load I got lazy and used six regular sized splits. With the greater surface area and air space between them the 30 took off for a romp.

Dixie,

I went to bed last night wondering what your outcome would be.... Glad to know you're still around! :)

Shari

Do you have a link to your original link?

Cheers, :) Hiram

Hiram Maxim said:
Do you have a link to your original link?

Cheers, :) Hiram

It is from a couple of my posts where I said that if you throw a new load of wood on top of a hot coal bed with a stove top temp over 400 then things are going to get real interesting around your house for a few hours.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
850 °F

2/3 full. Put in 2 4" semi seasoned oak rounds.

Still have eye brows.

Whoa Nellie. That is cooking if the blower was going.

The blower was going, BG.

Knotted up isn't quite the word.

I don't under stand the quick temp drop. However, I'm glad it did !!

I think the bark on the rounds created the blast. And when there wasn't flame from it curling up over the top of the baffle anymore the blower cooled it off pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.