The experiment between my cat and non cat stove .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
Hey been really busy with work and getting things done outside before winter really sets in, but anyway I posted earlier in the fall that i was going to do experiment between my woodstock fireview and my country wood stove leacy s-260. the country wood stove would have the advantage of a bigger fire box some where around 2.6 or 2.8 cubic feet, and the fireview being a cat stove and country being a non-cat, so far the fireview has made my country stove look like a wood hog. The thing that has impressed me the most is how the fireview can mantain a steady temp for ten plus hours or more on just three decent size spilts, I have never really pack the fireview tight and really never needed to, the country will hold twice the wood but needs reloaded in four to six hours depending on how hard you burn it and for temps the fireview can maintain a 400 to 500 degree temp for ten hours, the country temps can spike up to 600 degrees but in third hour of the burn cycle temps begin to degrease. I like both my stoves and love burning wood to heat my home, I cut, split, and stack my own wood and there is alot of work goes into it. but if i had to do over i would have gotta a blaze king in place of the country. the cat stoves are really amazing how they can burn and mantain such high temps for long periods of time. going to get my wife to help me post some pics of my stoves and hearth pads i build, I promised you guys some pics and I try my best to keep my word thanks backwoods salvage and todd for all the advice on these amazing stoves.

Thanks for the review. That's basically the same differences I have found between cat and non cat. The cat gives a longer more even burn than a non cat and has saved me firewood as well. Looking forward to some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.