The Fun Fun 1.5 Million Posts thread....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another fun fact - went on today - BeGreen has hit 40,000 posts! Of course, he's been around for a lot of years - check out his member date! That's when the newer forum started....
View attachment 115925
Another class act here at hearth,this guy really keeps his cool under pressure and quick to respond to a call for help.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Without BG's advice on hearths and clearance to combustibles half of the houses of members here would be kinda, sorta, burned down. Or at least smoking a bit.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Well this site and arboristsite taught me everything about C/S/Sing and then what qualities to look for in a stove. Not sure what I'd have as an insert if I didn't know of this website. Ain't the interwebs grand?! Thanks for keeping the site going, much appreciated.

Ha ha BB .Yes BG is a stickler for clearances. ;lol;lol;lol

You have to watch out for this place. I stumbled across it in 2005 using Google. Whoops. Never dreamed there were as many wood burners out there. It cost me a fortune in new stoves, liners etc.

Not to mention all of the time spent here.

Reactions: n3pro
Well at least were learnin somthin BB, Not like all those wastin time on facebook talkin about doin their wash.

Reactions: BrotherBart
At its heart hearth.com is a DIY website helping people to do what they want to do. Every other site like that I have seen over the years on the web is either "pros" in the subject business or rookies bad mouthing others for trying to do what they want to do. Craig has always made it clear that won't be happening here. And that was what impressed me when I first found the place.

And a bunch of posts trying to do that stuff are either never seen by you folks or are gone as soon as one of us knows about it.

At its heart hearth.com is a DIY website helping people to do what they want to do. .
Even the ash can is pretty civil(most of the time) Some folks get pretty riled if every one dont agree with em.

Even the ash can is pretty civil(most of the time) Some folks get pretty riled if every one dont agree with em.

well its the "nature of the beast" remember web warns of "hot ashes" still its not as rabid as some of the other places on the web. we can agree to disagree for the most part, and still come off as if we're gonna have a beer together after sparring

The Ash Can is generally discussions about government. Much to our chagrin. But everybody doesn't know what stove to buy, what to burn in it or how to care for it. But every single person in the country is an expert on government. Which is why we would really love for them to go to sites that cater to that to argue about it. And come here if their stove ain't working right. But alas...

Thats why the Govt dont work as well as hearth.com. They cant agree to disagree without hatin each other.

I often wonder how many folks I confuse when I reference hearthnet.net.;lol

Man - that was some blast from the past, Craig. Roospike, Goose, Elk....

Hang on folks. 1.5 is right around the corner.

Here are some blasts from further back!

This all started with CB and Ham radio! In fact, we had "secret societies" based around hacking our CB radios to different channels. Ham radio was how we communicated long distance when we were on the commune and I took it up afterwards. Some of my other friends from the Farm started The Well, one of the first online communities - back in the mid-80's. Here they are hooking up modems. They went on to do some big things on the web and in online community (for example, putting the entire San Fran Examiner online in 1995/6, etc.).

My semi-official start was in 1986 on Compuserve - where there were discussion groups just like the Ash Can today! Yes, way back then. After that I did America Online, where I hung out with the Filemaker crowd and developed scripts to give away. I remember being so excited when a couple dozen people downloaded my little FM scripts. I guess that's one of the thrills of online communion.

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 10.19.26 AM.png
figtex.jpg
(Photo by Kevin Kelly)

This place is awesome. I've learned so much here and have been able to pass the information along many times to friends who are new (and experienced) to wood burning. Here's hoping the board doesn't collapse from all of the people hitting "refresh" to see the 1.5 million count.

Awesome!!

Done!!!!!

Forum Statistics

Discussions:
Members:
Latest Member:
Buster76

fireworks1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.